Scioto County Prosecutor Mark Kuhn
MARK E. KUHN was elected to his first term as prosecuting attorney in 2004, and is currently serving his third consecutive term in that position. During Kuhn’s tenure as County Prosecutor his office has indicted and prosecuted thousands of adult felony cases and collected millions of dollars in delinquent taxes.
MARK E. KUHN, born in Portsmouth, Ohio, On June 22, 1969; admitted to Ohio Bar in 1994; also admitted before the U.S. District Court, the Southern District of Ohio.
Preparatory Education: Miami University, College of Education and Allied Professions (B.S. Ed. 1991), University of Toledo, College of Law (Juris Doctor 1994).
Spouse: Keri A. (Gable) Kuhn
Employment and Civic Involvement History
- Scioto County Prosecutor (2005 to Present)
- Portsmouth City Prosecutor (1995 to 2004)
- Member, Scioto County Bar Association (1994 to Present), Current Trustee
- Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction, Structured Sentencing Committee (Present)
- Member, Ohio Prosecuting Attorney’s Association, Legislative Committee (2005-Present)
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association (1994 to Present) Real Estate and Probate Section
- Member, United Way of Scioto County (1998 to 2005; 2010-Present), Past President
- Portsmouth Public Library Board of Trustees (2001 to 2005), Past President
- Hospice of Southern Ohio (1995 to Present), Current President
- Member, Southern Ohio Task Force on Domestic Violence (1997 to Present)
- Evangelical United Church of Christ ( Lifelong Member) Church Council (1995-2000), Past President, Past Deacon, Past Elder
- Scioto Christian Ministry (1997-1999)
- Member, Scioto County Fair Board (2004 to 2005)
- Member, Criminal Justice Mental Health Advisory Board (2003 to 2005)
- Member, Northwest High School Alumni Association (1995 to Present), Past President, Past Treasurer.
- Member, Portsmouth Kiwanis Club (1995 to Present), Past Board Member
- Member, Ohio Municipal Attorney’s Association (1996 to 2004)
- Northwest High School Mock Trials (1995 to 2003), Legal Advisor
- Member, Ohio Prosecuting Attorney’s Association (2005-Present)
- Member Scioto County Budget Commission (2005 – Present)
- Member Scioto County Records Commission (2005 – Present)
- Member Scioto County Community Corrections Advisory Board (2003 – Present)