CRIME VICTIM RIGHTS
As the victim or witness of a violent crime,
you have the . . . . .
- Right to receive information about Crime Victim Rights.
- Right to appoint a representative.
- Right to receive current information about the criminal investigation.
- Right to be notified when the offender is arrested or released before trial.
- Right to reasonable return of property.
- Right to information from and meaningful discussion with the prosecutor.
- Right to be free from intimidation.
- Right to meaningful participation during trial.
- Right to make a statement at sentencing about the impact of the crime.
- Right to participate in criminal proceedings without jeopardizing employment status.
- Right to receive notice if violent offender escapes custody before trial or sentencing.
- Right to receive information after sentencing.
- Right to information and input about adult defendant’s incarceration and parole status.
- Right to request an Anti-Stalking Protection Order.
- Other Special Rights concerning Sexual Abuse, Domestic Violence, and Child Abuse.